10 Best Blogging Platforms 2021-:
WordPress.org more than 32% of websites are built on WordPress at the time of writing this post. You can use it to create any kind of website such as from blog to e-commerce site. when your blog becomes popular, and if you want to earn money through your blog, you can easily earn self hosted WordPress.org blog. WordPress is an open source software and is completely free but if you want to start your blog with this platform, you will need a domain name and web hosting. If you are serious about blogging, I advise you, buy a good web hosting. Do not use free hosting. Why am I saying this, here are the reasons?
- Free web hosting provides limited space for your site.
- Free web hosting does not provide customer support you have to depend upon forums for youe query.
- Your Account may be Ban without giving any notice.
- Free web hosting affects your website SEO Because slow server.
- You cannot back up your site by using cPanel web hosting.
Pros of WordPress.org for Blogging-:
- You don’t need coding knowledge when creating a blog. Buy a Domain Name and Hosting and install WordPress on it.
- You have Full Control over your blog.
- When your blog grows you can add more premium feature.
- There are thousands of free and premium themes available that make your blog Beautiful and professional.
- WordPress.org over 45,000 free plugins are available which help in adding extra features to your site.
- If there is an Error in your blog, you can fix it easily with the help of the plugin. In addition, there are plenty of tutorials available on the internet.
Cons of WordPress.org for Blogging-:
- Being a more popular, hackers target it more. So you have to pay attention to Security.
- Little learning is needed.
WordPress.com does not require hosting. With it, you can start blogging in minutes. Its basic version is free with very limited features but Best to start. If you want to use its advanced features, you need to upgrade to its premium plan.
- You can add a custom domain.
- Setup does not require.
- Easy to use.
- Comes with Hosting and subdomain.
- Very little plugin are available.
- The Price of its premium plan is very high.
- If you violate their terms of service WordPress.com you can suspend your Account.
The pricing-Basic plan is free. But if you want to unlock advanced features, you must upgrade to Premium plan.
- Personal – 3.50$ per month
- Premium – 4.90$ per month
- Business – 11.20$ per month
Which are many Users WordPress.org and WordPress.com and choose the wrong platform. Here WordPress.org and WordPress.com on the difference between a guide.
Blogger is a very popular WordPress alternative platform developed by Google. It’s completely Free. You can use it to create any type of website. Blogger platform is very easy to use and millions of people are using it for a variety of websites. If you Blogger.com you’ll only need an email ID. The bad thing about this platform, you cannot get full control on your blog. But it’s great to start.
- Completely Free for lifetime.
- You can start your online business with an email ID.
- You can Apply for Adsense from its dashboard.
- You don’t have to spend money on hosting separately.
- You don’t have full control over your blog.
- Provides very little Customizations.
- Not Powerful like WordPress.
- Limited storage returns.
Pricing-completely Free. If you Use Custom domain and third-party theme, you’ll have to spend money.
Wix.com a cloud-based website builder, it personal or a small business website is good for. It offers you very beautiful pre-built templates that you can Customize using the drag-drop interface as per your need. On Wix, you can create a beautiful website or blog easily with the drag-and-drop builder.
- Can add custom domains.
- Coding is not needed.
- Responsive pre-designed templates offer.
- When you create a page, you can add animation, video backgrounds and scroll effects.
- Once after selecting the template, you cannot use the second template.
- Free plan shows ads.
Pricing-Basic version is free.
Weebly is also a very good blogging platform. This allows you to create a professional and mobile-optimized site by using drag-and-drop builder. With this, you can easily launch any kind of website and 50 million sites in the world are built by Weebly. Weebly’s advanced plan has some fantastic features comes with, such as website statistics, password protection, membership registration, etc. Also, it offers plenty good looking template for your website, blog or online store.
- Provides a lot of tools that help your blog grow faster.
- Home basic basic expressions
- Great support?
- Free ad eliminate plan
- Limited storage.
- Traffic statistics in the free plan are not available.
Games games-paid plan for the free basic version $ 12 / month (pro) < $25/month (business)
After WordPress, Joomla is the world’s second most popular content management system and is being used by millions of Users. Like WordPress, you will also need a domain name and web hosting. It’s the best competitor of WordPress. Joomla offers plenty of extensions and great looking templates for your website.
- Great for Static websites, NGO websites, eCommerce site etc.
- Offers lots Pre-made templates.
- There is a very large directory of Extensions.
- Not user-friendly like WordPress.
- Official theme is not available.
Pricing-free, but you’ll need a domain name ($7.99/month) and hosting (usually starting from $2.75 per month).
Ghost is an open source platform and focuses only on blogging. It is an excellent platform for bloggers who offers a clean writing experience.
- Can add custom domains.
- Free SSL certificate.
- CDN with paid plans.
- Automatic weekly updates.
Pricing – Free version is not available and the Paid version is very expensive.
- Basic – $29
- Standard – $79
- Business – $199
If you are looking for only writing and publishing platform, you can check the Medium. You can’t Monetize your content and make money.The medium platform comes with a minimalistic and user-friendly interface. Millions of people are using this platform as blogging platform. Also by spending $ 5 per month, you can avail additional features.
- Only publishing and writing is focused on.
- Completely Free.
- Very powerful for Publishers, writers and content creators.
- Does not provide Full control.
Pricing-free, but you can become a member with $ 5 / month or $50/year.
Squarespace is great for small business. It comes with lots of pre-made templates. With Squarespace, you can create a beautiful website by using drag and drop builder.
- Free SSL
- SEO features (automatic tagging, clean URL, automatic redirects)
- 24/7 customer support.
- Expensive (not)
Pricing-it comes with different pricing plans to start the website.
- Personal plan – $16 / month ($12/month you pay annually).
- Business plan – $ 26/month ($18 / month you pay annually).
Tumblr is being used as the blogging platform by over 454 million Users. It’s easy to use. So you stories, photos, GIFs, TV shows, links, quips, dumb jokes, smart jokes, Spotify tracks, mp3s, videos, fashion, art, deep stuff and share with site is. You can also use it as a social networking site.
- Can add custom domains.
- Only focuses on blogging.
- Easy to use.
- SEO is not friendly.
- If you have started blogging with the intention of earning, this is not for you.
Pricing – free to use.
Conclusion-: If you want to make a career in blogging and are very serious about blogging, then you should blindly follow the link below. WordPress.org can choose. When your blog gets popularity, you can improve the functionality and design of your blog. And most importantly, you have full control over it.I always say WordPress is one of the Best CMS and you can use it to create any kind of website.
If you like my work, Please Share on Social Media! You can Follow WP knol on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Quora for latest updates. You may Subscribe to WP Knol Newsletter to get latest updates via Email. You May also Continue Reading my Recent Posts Which Might Interest You.